6 Oct 2013

Christmas is coming & the puppy is getting fat

I refer to Christmas as the dreaded “C” word – but I love it really, it’s just a shame we have to think about it so early on. I refuse to consider it whilst the sun shines, but as it gets cooler and the nights a little longer I can get in the mood.  My parents are renting a cottage up here over the festive season which will be lovely and that also means Titus will have a friend to play with (in the form of Dylan the loopy standard poodle). Our four legged beast has doubled in weight and is rapidly growing into his huge feet at a mere 14 kilos at 12 weeks old. By way of domestic preparations, October is normally pickling and sloe gin season – but in the absence of any sloe bushes and vegetable gluts, I only have the cake to think about this year. Professionally, it is also a busy time for Christmas card designs and commissions and I have a stall at a couple of local Christmas Markets this year, so I’m in full Christmas mode! A little self promotion has been employed to help encourage everyone else to think about Christmas too  – I’ve got an article and advert in the Am Bratach this week, “Artist in the Spotlight” in the John O Groats Journal next week and I shall be Etsy’s Craft Britannia “Shop of the Week” at the end of the month.

some festive entries from my last visual dairy - looking through these has given me the urge to start another one....

The Am Bratach article - page 13!








1 comment:

PatsyColchester said...

Yes, difficult to think of the festive season before the October and November birthdays are out of the way but... ... needs must. Good luck with it all and enjoy x