20 Jan 2013

Horny Hamish leads the way


The lack of mod cons at home means that we have to drive a mile up the road to communicate with the outside world. On one such occasion this week we were joined by a few of our neighbours, the Highland Cattle (or Horny Hamishes as I call them). I’m not sure whether they were just being inquisitive or whether they thought we had come to feed them. Either way, they were well behaved and when it was time to go they lead the way home! It’s been pretty cold this week and the landscape has changed once again. The light is incredible and I now carry my camera with me where ever I go. In fact, I’ve had to swap the handbag for a rucksack, the neat cloche hat for a warm-but-loopy one and not bothered to unpack any skirts! I’ve been thinking about how best to capture the landscape in my sketchbook – everywhere I look there’s a painting. Time for a confession – I didn’t complete my sketchbook for the Sketchbook Project, and further more, I’ve not been very committed to any sketchbooks to date other than my picture diary. So this New Year’s resolution is to change that!




1 comment:

PatsyColchester said...

Who needs a dog when highland cattle have adopted you ;) They dont even need a coat. You lucky girl. x