14 Jan 2012

Changing Course

Starting my diary coincided with a change of direction last August. After several years of managing others and helping them develop their skills, I had decided it was time to make a positive change in my own development. The new chapter started with a return visit to Shinafoot Studios for a course in oil painting plein air with Margaret Evans. Excellent tuition and a warm and friendly welcome as always. The Scottish weather wasn’t so reliable, giving us a few extra hours in the studio. For me, two days of total focus on painting intensified my visual perception of colour and form for several days afterwards - almost like looking through a new pair of prescription glasses. A change in direction has opened my eyes and, I wonder, if I could paint everyday how much more would I begin to see? www.shinafoot.co.uk
         
 

No comments: